PACE Collaborative is a multi-discipline consulting engineering firm that specializes in Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire Protection, building Special Systems and BIM Services. PACE is a 100+ person firm that has been in business for over 30 years and has offices in Virginia Beach and Richmond. We foster a comfortable and collaborative working environment. Benefits include paid medical and dental insurance, flex savings account, 401k retirement plan, company profit sharing, and generous paid holidays and leave time.
We are seeking a Commissioning Agent for our Virginia Beach office. The candidate will have responsibilities that include, but will not be limited to, building system commissioning services. This role requires 2+ years of experience in architecture, engineering, or construction management for various projects. We are seeking a proactive and detail-oriented candidate to assist our Commissioning services department. The ideal candidate must be able to work with a team as well as independently. The ideal candidate will perform the following tasks and meet the outlined requirements:
* Assist in writing commissioning plans, based on established standards and project requirements.
* Witness, direct, evaluate and document field commissioning activities, (construction observations, start-up and close out verifications).
* Attend on-site meetings with construction team members. Write and distribute minutes and establish action items for each team member.
* Write and compile commissioning reports and related documentation based on established standards.
* Review TAB reports.
* Experience in the operation and troubleshooting of HVAC systems, power, lighting, and energy management control systems.
* Understand of the commissioning and retro-commissioning processes.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a technical team.
* Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, written and oral.
* Effective abilities in MS Word and Excel.
* Possess an understanding of the construction process, documentation (drawings and specifications), codes and industry standards.
* Ability to travel domestically, primarily in VA, MD, DC, and NC.
* Ability to obtain a Cx certification through a national provider.
* Ability to describe plumbing systems.
*Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our vision to be the engineering firm of choice. We are in pursuit of an unsurpassed quality of life for our clients and our employees alike.
Equal-Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
PACE Collaborative is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. PACE Collaborative ensures nondiscrimination in accordance with the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact 757-499-7223. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact PACE Collaborative by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.