Virtual Construction Manager (BIM)
PACE Collaborative is a multi-discipline consulting engineering firm that specializes in Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire Protection, building Special Systems and BIM Services. PACE is a 90+ person firm that has been in business for over 30 years and has offices in Virginia Beach and Richmond. We foster a comfortable and collaborative working environment. Benefits include paid medical and dental insurance, flex savings account, 401k retirement plan, company profit sharing, and generous paid holidays and leave time.
We are seeking qualified individuals that would fill a full time Virtual Construction modeler position in our Virginia Beach office. The applicant shall have a minimum of 3 years of experience in virtual 3D modeling of any discipline. The applicant will be involved in the virtual coordination of MEP systems for various types of buildings. Examples include but are not limited to; office buildings, retail buildings, restaurants, hospitals and other medical facilities, water and wastewater facilities, entertainment venues, museums, libraries, schools, higher education facilities, and multifamily buildings. The applicant shall have knowledge of Navisworks, Revit, and Microsoft Office. Project management experience is a plus.
Typical tasks include the following:
* Modeling and coordination of MEP systems
* Reading and interpreting Architectural, Structural, Civil, and MEP plans
* Read, write, and incorporate RFI responses
* Conducting clash detection using Navisworks Manage
* Communicate with other trades internal to and external to PACE
* Conduct and/or attend clash detection meetings to aid in the coordination process
The applicant will support all Virtual Construction related efforts throughout a project’s lifecycle. This position allows for growth and advancement within the company. Compensation will be commensurate on experience and abilities.
* 3+ years experience using Revit and Navisworks
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong passion for BIM and Construction Technology
* Ability to use creative problem solving, work well as a part of a team and independently, and resolve issues
* Field experience in construction of any kind
* Experience in the consulting engineering industry
* Understanding of MEP building systems
* Project management experience is a plus
*Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on Indeed.
It is our vision to be the engineering firm of choice. We are in pursuit of an unsurpassed quality of life for our clients and our employees alike.
Equal-Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled:
PACE Collaborative is an equal-opportunity employer. All our members are evaluated and compensated based on their ability to contribute to the well being of the firm and not on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact (757) 499-7223. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact PACE Collaborative by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.